Monday, March 15, 2010

I Jumped Out of a Plane… ‘Nuff Said - Part 2

I was all dressed up in my (oh so sexy) body suit and ready to go.



Then Lance the Skydiver came over with his camera. (He was going to video tape my jump by strapping a camera to his head and jumping at the same time as me.) "Any last words?!?"

"Umm.. Bye Mom!" (Eek! My mom had no clue that I was jumping out of a plane... If I survive, SHE is going to kill me!)

We got into the little puddle jumper and up-and-away we went! The plane ride was actually pretty relaxing. It was a nice view of the Bay and green cornfields. The relaxation was cut short when Bobby the Tandem Dude said, "Alright! Just about time to jump out of this plane. Sit in front of me so we can get hooked up." (Oh. Shit.)

We scooched around in the cramped quarters of the tiny little puddle jumper. He hooks and snaps some things and there we are, hooked up tight (I hope).

Lance the Skydiver looked at me and laughed. "You ready?!" He flipped open the door. *BANG!* It slams against the wing. Freezing cold air whooshes into the plane. "NO! I'M NOT READY!"

"Too bad!" Bobby the Tandem Dude said as he moved us towards the door. Lance the Skydiver, with the video camera on his head, is sitting on the butress of the wing, outside the cabin of the plane, looking at me as I frantically tried to hold on to something.

Bobby and I are in the door frame. I looked down... The green farmland shows through the white haze of clouds. It looks so far away...



Whoosh! Bobby pushed us out of the plane! We flipped twice before stabalizing in our "beached whale" falling position. I'm screaming and laughing and generally spazzing out... but having the most amazing, thrilling time. Air and clouds are speeding past us. I waved at Lance and the camera. We free-falled for about 2 minutes.



We jolted in mid-air as the parachute deployed. I held my breath.. Whew it seems like my parachute worked just fine!



We began floating down towards Earth. Bobby, strapped to my back, pointed out landmarks. "There is the Bay... and way down there is the field we will land in."

He let me hold the ropes and spin us for a bit. (That was probably the scariest part of the whole thing! I got really dizzy!)

As my heart beat returned to normal, we landed safely in the field near the planes. Lindsay and Lee ran over to me. "How was it?!?"

Words can't even express how amazing it was. As I took off the gear, I called my mom.

"Hi Mom! Guess what I did today.." "What?" "I went sky diving!" "You did WHAT?! SKY DIVING?! OH MY GOD! LIKE OUT OF A PLANE? OH MY GOD! YOU JUMPED OUT OF A PLANE?!? ARE YOU ALIVE? IN ONE PIECE?! OH MY GOD!" hahahaha

After that, I called my dad.

"Glad you are alive!!! How was it?"

"Daddy, I touched the clouds!"

Enjoy the video! :-)

1 comment: