Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I was hoping for some hot Swedish guy...

So I'm going to press pause on writing about the things I've already crossed off, and jump in with one that I just crossed off the list.

Get a professional massage.

A few days ago, I got my first professional massage. (Umm can I do that every day?!?)

My friend works at a nearby hospital and post-blizzard(s), they were offering cheap gift certificates for massages. She asked if any of her friends wanted one and I jumped at the chance. Literally! "Yes yes yes ME PLEASE!!!" with little bunny hops was my exact response. (She asked via facebook so she, thankfully, didn't have to see the bunny hops)

So yesterday, I drove to the hospital (one of the administrative buildings) and met my masseuse, Claire, a little motherly lady with a strong handshake. I was hoping for some hot Swedish guy but, for 20 bucks, I was happy with what I got.

I stripped down and laid on the HEATED (wow) massage table with the sheet over me. Claire came in, put on some soothing music, and started the massage. She rubbed my face and scalp (I felt like I was getting a brain massage.. it was wonderful lol) and moved on to my shoulders and arms. I was in la la land, practically asleep. I turned over and she went to work on my back.

Overall, it was a-ma-zing! And it came at the perfect time, too! I was driving home a few nights ago and some jerk rear ended my car when I was stopped at a red light. And he tried to blame me! And the people he was insured through (Enterprise because he was driving their rental car) have been dragging their feet on the whole thing so I've been car-less and angry for a few days now.

So needless to say, a few days later when I went in for my massage, my back and neck were still a little sore, and I was majorly stressed.

After the massage, I walked out of there super relaxed and feeling good. I actually had to sit in my car a few minutes and wake up before driving!

This will NOT be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. Once I find my sugar daddy (I'm a poor journalist!), this shall be a monthly (weekly? daily?!?) kind of thing!

1 comment:

  1. come to thailand and you really can make it a daily thing...i go at least once a week :P

    ReplyDelete