Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Life List

Before I really get moving on this newest adventure that is my blog, let me first apologize.

I haven’t written like this in a very long time. I work in local television news, which includes a lot of doom and gloom, and not a lot of happy writing. I also haven’t written about myself in about a year so now I need to pull out my narcissistic qualities that I know I have and apply them to my writing. I’ll do my best to make this fun, interesting and expressive!

My list has three parts to it (for now). Things I want to do, places I want to go, and things I want to see… yea not very creative but you get the idea. Also, it is a very corny list... but I'm a sappy, traditional optimist. The things that are crossed out, are things I have completed. I will be writing blogs on each of those experiences so stay tuned.

And now… without further ado… here is my Life List! TA-DA! :-D


Things I want to do
Fall in love
Start a family
Have a career
Find a job I LOVE
Be in NYC for New Years Eve
Ride a mechanical bull
Swim with dolphins
Swim with sea turtles
Ride an elephant
Swim with sharks
Go skinny-dipping
Go parasailing
Sky diving
Bungee jumping
Go hang gliding
White water raft
Go scuba diving
Go up in a hot air balloon
Ride a camel
Take salsa, ballroom dance lessons
Swim in the Dead Sea
Make a difference on one person’s life
Donate to a charity
Go whale watching
Fly a kite
Learn to surf
Participate in a protest
Participate in the giant tomato fight
Run with the bulls
Experience white nights
Go on a safari
See the Aurora Borealis
Read more classic books, poems, novels, etc
Watch the classic movies
Ride in a paddle boat
Have a food fight!
Get a professional massage
Climb a mountain
Kiss in the rain
Get my palm/tarot cards/future read
Drink Guinness in Dublin
Make a movie
Make a documentary film
Make another movie
Make another documentary film
Swim in the fountain at UMD
Write for a professional Web site


Places I want to go
Visit Israel
Visit Egypt
Visit Italy: Rome, Venice, Leaning Tower of Piza, Milan, Florence
Visit France: Paris
Visit Spain:
Visit Japan, Thailand,
Visit Australia: Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Opera House
Visit Greece
Visit more of the US: Hawaii, California (Hollywood/LA, So Cal, San Fran, San Diego, Napa), Mount Rushmore, Las Vegas, Alaska,
Visit Ireland
Visit Hungary
Visit Turkey
Visit Russia
Visit India


Things I want to see
See the Statue of Liberty
See the great works of art
See concentration camps
See the pyramids and sphinx
See the Grand Canyon
See Yellowstone
See the Great Wall of China
See the Taj Mahal
See the Eiffel Tower
Visit Ground Zero
Visit the Wailing Wall


You might wonder why some things are on my list and other things are not. It’s all relative though… what excites me, might not interest you. But, if you read my blog and think of something I might like and should add to my list, I would love new suggestions. Just please don’t suggest “sing karaoke,” or “run a marathon.” For me, singing is meant for the shower and the car… and I only run when chased.

1 comment: