Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Swimming... Au Naturale

So why is skinny dipping on my list? Being naked is fun! It’s as simple as that.

This is kind of an awkward story to write because it seems so kinky but it wasn't quite like that. Skinny dipping sounds so naughty and sexual… but it doesn’t have to be. It can simply be fun and natural and relaxing. I like naughty and sexy as much as the next person but I’m a good girl at heart. I’m not too much of an exhibitionist.

We get press releases at work from the “Naturalist Society” aka the local nudist colony. Just reading about naked volleyball and naked group water aerobics makes me giggle and blush.

I did go skinny dipping though!

My best friend’s family owns a house in the Florida Keys. It’s on a private plot of land, complete with in-ground pool, boat dock and a few real, live gators.

I was 18 and had just graduated high school. My two best friends, some of my friend’s family, and I visited the Keys. Our first night there, we went to jump in the pool… and ran away screaming when we saw the gator swimming in there! (I’ll swim with nurse sharks but alligators are another story.)

In the morning, we snuck up to the pool and were relieved to see it was empty. We spent the day relaxing… just swimming, tanning, laughing… and of course a little drinking! I mean, we were celebrating graduation and our last summer before the three best friends split up for college.

That night, after more than a few wine coolers, we jumped in the pool… au natural! It was fun and freeing. Plus, it was dark out, with no one around, except maybe a few gators, to see us. It is crossed off of my list, but maybe I’ll do it again sometime… ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment